Re: Adjustments to lyrics alignment

From: Gonçalo Nogueira
Subject: Re: Adjustments to lyrics alignment
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:47:51 +0000

Learning Scheme is complete overkill for my Lilypond needs but
I will probably learn it anyway just because it seems fun.

I think Lilypond would greatly benefit from a way of defining
simple macros that would enable one to just write something
like:

alignLyrics = \macro { \tweak self-alignment-X $1 \markup }

and \aligntLyrics #0.4 would just expand to \tweak self-alignment-X #0.4 \markup

Gonçalo Nogueira
about.me/goncalonogueira

2014-01-29 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Gonçalo Nogueira <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, that works. It was my first time trying to define a music
> function so excuse the noobness.

In this case, being an old hand would not have helped much.

> Also, I need to learn Scheme.

Never a bad idea, but it should not require an electrical engineering
degree to plug a plug into a socket either.

In this case, I got away with advice like "try rotating the plug".
Scheme programming becomes interesting once the advice goes into the
direction "oh, you need to transform impendances here or you'll get
ghost images" or "wrong voltage, dude".

All the best

--
David Kastrup