Re: Non-customary clef printing

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Non-customary clef printing
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:36:03 +0100

Hi David,

Am 30.01.2014 07:18, schrieb David O'Donnell:
I am trying to replicate an older score, where the the clef changes at
the beginning of the line. However, unlike Lilypond's default, the old
clef and the key signature are printed and then immediately following
that, the new clef is printed before any notes appear.
There is a snippet which shows how to do this at the beginning of a
piece (http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=792), but I can't see how to
do it mid-piece.
I even tried inserting a dummy note to do a clef change mid-measure, but
that makes an unsightly gap between the key signature and the new clef.

First of all, please provide compilable examples! I got a segfault on my
machine trying to compile your attachment.
The version statement "2.18.0-1" is the culprit.

Nevertheless, I inserted "\grace s8" in *every* voice at the spot where
the clef change is about to happen (and before \clef "treble") and this
seems to work. It does not look perfect, the treble clef nearly touches
the key signature.

HTH,

Marc