Segmentation Fault in 2.18 (was Re: Learn from Finale 2014 (seriously)?)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Segmentation Fault in 2.18 (was Re: Learn from Finale 2014 (seriously)?)
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 15:04:15 +0000

On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 21:14 +0100, Jan-Peter Voigt wrote:
> On 14.11.2013 16:19, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> >> there is an update of this snippet in the mail archives and I will post
> >> my version later.
> >
> > Fantastic, thank you! :-)
> so, here is the version I regularly use ... in fact, this is taken from
> some e-mail on this list some time ago. It also merges MultiMeasure rests.

I was just putting this code into Denemo and I noticed it merged a
multi-measure rest in the top voice with a sequence of whole measure
rests in the second voice, but it caused a segmentation fault in
LilyPond when it tries to merge multi measure rests from both voices.

The test file that shows this is attached. The include file is also
attached, it is the mergeRests.ly from the original message with the
example removed and convert-ly run on it to update it from 2.16.1 - the
resultant version reads 2.17.97 which I recall is a known bug.

I guess this part of the thread needs to switch to lilypond-devel or
lilypond-bug, now - I originally started this email just to enquire
about merging multi-measure rests ...

Richard