Re: frescobaldi macports broken after update

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: frescobaldi macports broken after update
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:13:00 +0100

Dear Garrett,

> After updating and trying those steps (same thing happens for each):
> Frescobaldi launches, and I see the splash screen.
> Then when the flash screen goes away, there is nothing; no window open, not
> on any space. Even right-click on Frescobaldi in the dock and selecting
> “Show all windows” reveals nothing.
> Then after waiting a while, I click on the Frescobaldi icon in the dock,
> which has the indicator light that says Frescobaldi is open, and a new
> window pops right up with the file I opened.

I don't know why there is that delay, but sometimes Frescobaldi takes
some time to show its main window also on my machine.
Other than that delay, I think that Frescobaldi's behaviour is correct
in your case.
Maybe the delay is also caused by py2app.
Let me know if this behaviour changes.

> ————————————-
> 2014-01-25 Tim McNamara <address@hidden>:
>> Also, there is a non-Mac-like behavior. Clicking the close button on the
>> upper left hand corner of the document window quits the app. I realize that
>> on some/most OSes this is normal behavior, but not Macs. FWIW.
>
> Reported as https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/352.
>
> Just my opinion, but I would not lose too much effort over this if it were me.

Too late! :)
It has already been implemented in the Git repository.
You will find it in the next stable release, or in the port
frescobaldi-devel once the upgrade I submitted today will be approved
(see https://trac.macports.org/ticket/42490; it may take a couple of
days).

Best wishes.
Davide