Re: Tweaking a tie with shapeII fails

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Tweaking a tie with shapeII fails
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 23:04:26 +0100

> Hi Janek,
>
>> (actually, i believe it would make more sense to fix tie formatting
>> itself).
>>

> I think you are right but that isn't an easy task. I was looking for a tweak
> that is a little more robust because it is now depending on the note
> spacing. If I use for example ragged-right = ##f the tie is different and
> the tweak fails.But I suppose there isn't a ultimate tweak that works in all
> conditions, including transpose.

Unfortunately not.

> For now I tweak my tie with the old shape function.

Do you know that you can use the old-shape behavior in the new shape?

I.e. you could write sth. like \shapeII #'((-0.3 0.7)(p 45 0.2)) Tie
(this way you can still use polar coordinates, which are an important
part of making tweaks transposition-proof and spacing-change-proof.

best,
Janek