Re: Continuing issues with variable \markup issues in footers

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Continuing issues with variable \markup issues in footers
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:14:54 -0800 (PST)

Joshua Nichols wrote
> So, after taking the advice of the forum, I supplanted the following
> snippet:
>
> oddFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line { \fontsize #2
>
> \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
>
> \on-the-fly #first-page \fromproperty #'header:copyright
>
> }
>

> and compiled. What I'm getting is a first page which the copyright is not
> centered at the bottom of the page, though it says \fill-line. When I try
> other variable ways of getting this effect, I either get error codes and
> fatal returns, or my even footer markup does not show up.
>

> Does anyone know how to get the copyright centered on the first page?

as I told my example wasn't thoroughly tested - just a sketch.

try this:

\paper {
  oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
    \fontsize #9 {
      \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fill-line { \with-color #green
\fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }
      \on-the-fly #first-page \fill-line { \with-color #red \fromproperty
#'header:copyright }
\header {copyright=copyright }
{ c d e f
  \pageBreak
  c d e f
}

and there are plenty of variations!

please also keep your answers in the topic!

Eluze