Re: Lines and Ties and Slurs oh my!

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: Lines and Ties and Slurs oh my!
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:21:50 -0800 (PST)

Shane Brandes <address@hidden> writes:

>    So while I find the pursuit of perfection somehow attractive there
> is definitely a downside to this endeavor and maybe the time would be
> more worthwhile spent working on other areas of the program that
> could, in fact, use more attention for improvement.

\version "2.17.7"
\header { tagline = ##f title = "Conny rates Jazz" }
\score
{
  {  $@(map!
       (lambda (p d) #{ \footnote #'(1 . 2)
% This is the simplest way to make a chord name markup?  Ugh.
                        \markup \score { \new ChordNames { < address@hidden > }
                                         \layout { } } Stem
                        < address@hidden >address@hidden #})
; this $@ produces elements for a sequential music list via map!.  Each
; element is constructed from p, a list of pitches making up a chord,
; and from d, which is a list first containing a duration followed by
; _optional_ articulations, so address@hidden actually can return several
tokens of
; _different_ type.
;
; The following form constructs the list of pitch lists for use in p
       (map!
        (lambda (i)
          (map!
           (lambda (i)
             (ly:make-pitch 2 (+ 1 (* 9 (quotient i 5)) (* i -2)) 0))
           (iota 5 i)))
        (append! (iota 34) (list 32)))
; The following form constructs an (end-less) list of lists containing
; a duration and maybe articulations.
       (apply
        circular-list
        (map!
          (lambda (m) (cons (ly:music-property m 'duration)
                            (ly:music-property m 'articulations)))
          (extract-typed-music
             #{ s4.~ s~ s4~ s2~ s2 #}
             'skip-event))))
      <c' e' g' a' c''>1 \bar "|."
  }
  \midi { \tempo 4 = 220
          \set Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
        }
  \layout { }
David Kastrup
<><><><><><
I run the above code and I got the following error. (I copy & paste to frescobaldi and run convert.ly).
Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.2 [Untitled]...
Processing `c:/users/tsang/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-6z8gjw/tmpfknwyr/document.ly'
Parsing...
c:/users/tsang/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-6z8gjw/tmpfknwyr/document.ly:5:7: error: GUILE signaled an error for the _expression_ beginning here
{ $
@(map!
Interpreting music...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
MIDI output to `document.mid'...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `document.ps'...
Converting to `./document.pdf'...
Unbound variable: tokens
fatal error: failed files: "c:\\users\\tsang\\appdata\\local\\temp\\frescobaldi-6z8gjw\\tmpfknwyr\\document.ly"
Exited with return code 1.