Re: Space between beams?

From: Javier Ruiz-Alma
Subject: Re: Space between beams?
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 22:26:15 -0800 (PST)

Referring to this 10-yr-old inquiry, I'm working on the exact same bar Alex typeset:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-02/msg00086.html

NR led me to overriding the beam font-size to cause the 16th beam to engrave thinner and with smaller gap between them (as graces do).  Beam, although documented to support the font-size interface, doesn't seem to be affected by overrides to this property:

\version "2.18.0"
\relative c' {
    %normal notes & beams
    d16 e f g