Re: Ancient tablature template

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Ancient tablature template
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 23:06:23 +0100

Nice!  I don’t like the tiny time signature “2” on the first page but apart from that: well done.

Thanks! I was just trying to follow the original tab. Time sig size can, of course, be modified.

Last year I used lute tab to typeset a Dowland fantasie.  It’s an  excellent typesetting program for different styles of ancient tablature and it might serve as a reference for further improvements, see e.g. ftp://ftp.cs.dartmouth.edu/pub/lute/TabManual.pdf.  But I like the idea that this can be achieved now from within LilyPond.

Great link !

BTW: would you be willing to share your .ly-file?

Of course !
I have few more things to change and trials to do with lute tabs. After that, i'll surely send the code !

Cheers,
Pierre