ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.14

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.14
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 00:00:00 +0100

Hi all,

To celebrate my 43rd birthday, Frescobaldi 2.0.14 has been released in the wild!

Download: www.frescobaldi.org/download

Main new features:
- lilypond 2.18 syntax and automatic completion support
- better rendering in music view at smaller sizes
- in the status bar the position in the music is visible (or the duration of selected text)
- editor can auto-wrap long lines
- on Mac OS X, Frescobaldi keeps running when all windows are closed
- new menu action LilyPond→Show available fonts
- when engraving to png, the antialias-factor can be specified
- Ctrl-d doubles current line (or previous when current line is empty) or selection
- the contents prefilled in File→New can be configured: empty, LilyPond version or a template.

Peter Bjuhr and I decided to temporarily remove the MusicXML export from the menu. It needs work to become more robust. When running Frescobaldi from Git, the command is available.

The ly.music module which has been created the past months, and which currently powers the music position status display, will become a solid foundation under improved MusicXML export.

Enjoy and please report bugs as usual!
Wilbert Berendsen, main Frescobaldi author and core developer

--
Wilbert Berendsen (www.wilbertberendsen.nl)