Re: position fingering

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: Re: position fingering
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 07:59:53 -0500

Thank you to Phil and Thomas for a quick response! I think Phil's response was "tongue-in-cheek", but I'm not sure! :-) At any rate the result looks like my first example, so it wasn't an improvement. Thomas's suggestion works great and I hope I've learned a little more about tweaking as a result.

Can either of you suggest a good way to improve my knowledge of Scheme? (I know almost nothing: almost everything I know about coding I've learned through engraving music with LilyPond --- which I love.)

Thanks again, you guys are great! Someday I hope to join the bug squad again!
Mark

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> This doesn't look right:
>
> \version "2.18.0"
>
> %Fingering collides with bracket.
>
> \relative {
>
> \[ b4^2 c^3 \]
>
> }
[...]
> Would someone please help me position the fingering withing the bracket,
> either by lengthening the bracket or horizontally moving the fingering to
> the right?

Hi Mark,

try:

\version "2.18.0"

\relative {
  \once \override LigatureBracket.shorten-pair = #'(-1.4 . -0.2)
  \[ b4^2 c^3 \]
  \[ b4-\tweak #'X-offset #1.5 ^2 c^3 \]
}

HTH,