Re: Installing Lilypond with .sh file.

From: Ben CL
Subject: Re: Installing Lilypond with .sh file.
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 10:49:12 -0500

On 3/8/2014 10:11 AM, Server Acim wrote:
> Hello,
> I made a fresh installation of Linux Mint Debian Edition (64bit)
> (201403) into my PC.
I also use Debian with LilyPond, I find they work great together!

> My question is:
> I want to install lilypond version of 2.18.01. Because, in the sofware
> repo of LMDebian lilypond version number is 2.16.2.
Yup, so I just make sure to always grab my version of LilyPond from here:
http://lilypond.org/unix.html
(http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/linux-64/lilypond-2.18.0-1.linux-64.sh)

> I know that I have to download
> http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/linux-64/lilypond-2.18.0-1.linux-64.sh
> file from the Download page.
>
> I will give this command in terminal "./lilypond-2.18.0-1.linux-64.sh"
> and it will be installed. But, as well as a understand it will not be
> installed into the systemwide. Because I will compile some other file
> in some other directory. Is it possible to make work lilypond for
> systemwide, or do I have miss some information?

Whenever I want to change parameters during an install I just use this:
sh lilypond.2.xxxxxxxx
--prefix
etc.

and then just choose where I want to install it. Works great.
Is that what you mean, or did I misunderstand?

Hope this helps! :)