Re: Staff/chords spacing.

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Staff/chords spacing.
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:31:48 +0100

Am 17.03.2014 20:22, schrieb David Kastrup:
Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

Am 17.03.2014 19:00, schrieb Matthias Hüsken:
On 15.03.2014 09:09, Pierre Perol-Schneider wrote:
Mini example please
~Pierre
Sorry, forgot to post one.

During shortening some code into a mini example, I was actually able
to solve my problem. I'm posting it anyway because I'm not sure it's
the most elegant or clever was of doing.

Short repetition of what I want to achieve:
* a StaffGroup consisting of two Staffs
[the plural is staves, sorry for mentioning]
* a ChordLine in between
* Fixed distances between the staffs
* the ChordLine centered in between.

I can't shake the feeling that my approach may be a bit too
brute-force, but at least it works for me :) If someone has a better
approach, I'd be interested in trying it.

Thanks,

Matthias

It’s nice to see that \new Score \with {} now actually works.
When did it ever _not_ work?
I tried it in one of my scores and it didn’t and doesn’t work. I’ll go troubleshooting and minimizing then...

I wasn’t aware of that. Brilliant!
Well, nothing one cannot do by either changing the \layout context
definition of Score, or by just putting \override Score.xxx at the start
of the music.
In more complex situations with \include and several scores in one file it _is_ useful or even necessary, if you want to have one \layout definition for all scores in common, but for example remove the Mark_engraver (from Score) only for one of the scores. At least I did not find an alternative for \with in this particular case.

Cheers, Simon