Re: short Musikmesse minutes

From: pls
Subject: Re: short Musikmesse minutes
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:01:41 +0100

On 20.03.2014, at 08:35, Johan Vromans <address@hidden> wrote:

> I use musescore for MusicXML -> LilyPond conversion. It does a much
> better job than any other tool I know (including musicxml2ly).
Hm, my experience has been quite different! 7 months ago I tested MuseScore
v1.3 with 10 MusicXML-files of openmusicscore and all xmlsamples of
musicxml.com. 5/10 openmusicscore files and 15/18 musicxml.com files failed
during conversion with musescore and / or compilation with LilyPond. (Not to
mention lots of mistakes in the resulting scores.)

> Musescore is open source software, why not [try to] use their importer?
MuseScore will drop their support for LilyPond in version 2.0 (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-02/msg00087.html).

hth
patrick