Re: changing top margin

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: changing top margin
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:48:25 -0400

Hi Mark,

> Thank you for your reply and the instruction. I did it (I think) and the
> first page disappeared. I suspect that I did not place the command in the
> proper location. Your assistance is appreciated.

Here’s one possible structure to accomplish what you want.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.
_________________________

\version "2.18.0"

global = {
  \key ges \major
  \time 4/4
}

rightmusic = \relative c'' {
  ges 1
}

leftmusic = \relative c' {
  \clef bass
  ges1
}

\bookpart {

  \paper {
    top-margin = 3\in
    scoreTitleMarkup = ##f
  }

  \header {
    title = "Phatasie-Stüke"
    subtitle = "Für Klavier zu zwei Händen"
    subsubtitle = "Nach Handschriften und persölicher Herausgegeben von KLARA
SCHUMANN"
  }

  \score { \new Devnull s1 }
}

\bookpart {

  \score {
    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff = "right" << \global \rightmusic >>
      \new Staff = "left" << \global \leftmusic >>