Re: transposing cues

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: transposing cues
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 04:33:38 +0100

Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

> 2.19.3:
> When transposing parts that use cueDuring or quoteDuring how
> can I get the cues or quotes to be transposed?  I thought this
> worked easily in a fairly recent version.
>
> In the following I would want the flute cue to be transposed
> along with the clarinet notes.

\transposition is not in itself transposed, so if you use music for
different transpositions, you have to put the \transpose where you
establish the transposition.

fluteMusic = \relative{
  \transposition c'
  c''1 d e
}
\addQuote qfl \fluteMusic

clarinetMusic = \relative{
  <>^\markup\tiny{(Fl.)}
  \cueDuring qfl #up R1
  b'1 c
}

\score{
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff {
      \set Staff.instrumentName = "Flute"
      \new Voice \fluteMusic
    }
    \new Staff {
      \set Staff.instrumentName = "Bb Clarinet"
      \transposition bes
      \new Voice \clarinetMusic
    }
    \new Staff {
      \set Staff.instrumentName = "A Clarinet"
      \transposition a
      \new Voice \transpose a bes \clarinetMusic
    }

  \layout{ \context{ indent  = 0.7\in } }

David Kastrup