Re: Generating Interest in LilyPond through Kickstarter

From: Paul Tannous
Subject: Re: Generating Interest in LilyPond through Kickstarter
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 23:47:48 -0400

Richard Shann wrote:

Presumably someone will generate a set of PDFs and put them on IMSLP.

And people who are not prepared to read the LilyPond sources - they just want the printed score - will get those, and would be wise to do so, since someone malicious could generate an altered version the the LilyPond sources to do bad things. While LilyPond is a specialized interest thing malicious files are not going to happen, except by pranksters, but it is something to bear in mind. (I hate to sound a note of caution).

Richard

Richard,

You make a good point.  We are now thinking of providing the LilyPond sources to Kickstarter contributors as premiums, rather than putting them out in the public domain.

Thanks,

Paul T.