Re: Does 'strut' command work in LilyPond?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Does 'strut' command work in LilyPond?
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 03:12:06 +0200

> Hi David,
>
>> Huh?  You are not placing the \strut inside of the box, so why should
>> the box' height be affected?
>
> It appears that putting \strut inside the box doesn’t actually change
> the box’s height:
>
> \version "2.19"
> \include "english.ly"
>
> \markup \box { \strut "." }
> \markup \box { \strut "bp" }

\box only gets a single markup.  If you give it a list, it will make a
box for each element.  So you have to use \line.  It turns out that
\strut has a non-empty horizontal extent, a somewhat annoying property
which we should try to replace.  So we need to use \concat instead of
\line.

\version "2.19"
\include "english.ly"

\markup \box \concat { \strut "." }