Re: Unknown Schumann piece

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Unknown Schumann piece
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 21:54:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 3 May 2014, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

Hi,

I have an edition of Robert Schumann's "Album für die Jugend" that has some pictures of his handwritten scores inside. One of the pictures shows a small but apparently unapproved pianopiece, before the first tune "Melodie" starts. The tune is very simple and not very interesting musically. That's probably why Schumann didn't like it and dumped it. But I couldn't resist trying to typeset it with Lilypond anyway.

There is just one important thing that I couldn't read in Schumann's handwriting. It's overstroken by Schumann and in that typical 19th century German handwriting. But maybe someone in this group is able to read it. See attachment.

(I will share the tune later.)

Sorry,
I  accidentally attached the complete page, instead of just the title.
See attchment.

--

MT