Re: Transposing instruments in orchestra score

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: Transposing instruments in orchestra score
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 10:08:25 +0200

Hi all,

 as I understand the situation, the most convenient situation for all
would be the possibility of a context switch in mid-score affecting
the way lilypond is interpreting (seeing) the pitches, which could get
changed globally by including different files with redefinitions of
the context-switch statement. This is in analogy of the transposition
statement except that it doesn't affect midi but notation and
therefore probably is much trickier to handle properly.

I'd be very willing to sponsor this, if there is a feasible solution
within a reasonable amount of time.

David, Kieren, anybody?

--
Orm