Re: "dal segno" several times

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: "dal segno" several times
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 12:56:27 -0700

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:18:37PM +0100, Carlo Vanoni wrote:

> I have a simple song, where the verse is 4 measures repeated twice, and the
> chorus again 4 measures repeated twice.

[snip]

> I can print all the section as stated above, but it will be easier to have
> something like this
> intro
> ||: verse
> chorus :|| x3 times
> outro

If the verse and the chorus are so brief, I would not engrave
repeat bar lines around the four-bar repeated sections, only the
outer "3x" repeat that wraps the entire 16-bar verse-chorus
section.

If you wish, you could use 'repeat unfold' in your code:

myVerse = \relative f {
% four bars, engraved twice:
  \repeat unfold 2 {
    a1 b1 c1 b1