Creating new operators

From: Philippe Baril Lecavalier
Subject: Creating new operators
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 10:17:00 -0400 (EDT)

Dear list,

After much search, I finally found the "\repeat unfold N", but is it possible with scheme to create new operators, to abbreviate things? Like using for that purpose "**" (since "*" is already taken) ? Or is that hard-coded deep in the interpreter?

Intuitively, as a beginner, I would have guessed that a4*6 would be the same as typing that note six times (and that's not it). So for simplicity, could one create a new operator through scheme, like "**"? Example of what I mean:

    {c8 g e g} ** 6
would amount to:
    \repeat unfold 6 {c8 g e g}

Thank you.