Re: Function for note string to fraction?

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Function for note string to fraction?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 12:16:04 +0200

On 2014-05-20 12:02, David Kastrup wrote:
Thanks, indeed it is cheaper. But I'm not sure if I can use it. This
>is part of a larger whole. Basically the user is intended to input a
>string with the duration, and the string will be used both for
>
>\set Timing.baseMoment
>
>and for markup via
>
>\note
We probably should let \note accept a duration, but it's not actually
hard to pick apart and use \note-by-number on the parts.

One should always be careful with the word 'part' in musical circumstances... Maybe you misunderstood me!? I meant that the functionality was intended for a larger script...

Best
Peter