combining cue notes and full measure rests….

From: Paul Malcolm
Subject: combining cue notes and full measure rests….
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 09:59:31 +0930

Dear All, I am trying to neatly combine piano cue notes and full measure
rests for the intsrument not in play (here the Viola).
I have attached my very crude and failed attempt. This section shows the piano
cue notes in blue at measures 81 & 82. What I would like to do is add a full measure rest (black)  in each of these bars and place the rests (as usual) right in
the middle of the stave. The attempt I show here used two voices <<{} \\ {}  >> etc but that did not work.
I checked snippet libraries but didn't find any examples that shed light on this
little problem ?

paul