Re: Convert Lilypond syntax to Scheme list

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: Convert Lilypond syntax to Scheme list
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 10:34:20 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I still wonder if there is a way to get my hands on this internal
>> representation without modifying the music notation, i.e without
>> writing
>>
>> ,----
>> |     {
>> |       \displayMusic { c'4\f }
>> |     }
>> `----
>>
>> in my .ly files?
>
> The normal course of LilyPond is typesetting music.  You can supplant a
> different init file if you want to have the Scheme engine do something
> different with the parsed expressions than what you actually wrote in
> the file.
>
> There are a number of hooks getting called when parsing particular parts
> of the input file.  Take a look at lily/parser.yy to figure them out.
>
> The parsed expressions are not really the whole story.

ok, I see, the story is a bit more complicated ... simply wrapping
lilypond syntax in a displayMusic block in a program

 ,----
 |     {
 |       \displayMusic { c'4\f }
 |     }
 `----

for producing the desired internal list representation then seems like
the best option. Thx.

>> But nevertheless, this is great ... Lisp rules ;)
>
> Scheme is not actually Lisp.

I still like it if it outputs parser information as nested lists to be
consumed by other lisps 'as-is' ;)

--
cheers,
Thorsten