Re: Humble question, text at the second note in a ligature

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Humble question, text at the second note in a ligature
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 17:42:28 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

As opposed to page 10, it is interspersed with syllable-timed music, and
it needs to obey the total note value in order to keep in synch with
instruments.  Also it's not a single singer but multiple voices.  So
it's rather chanty than chant.

> Furthermore, note that, simply because a printer does something in
> 1610 doesn't make it correct notation in 2014.

We did sing from modern transcriptions using the same style of notation.

--
David Kastrup