Re: Question for all LilyPond users (especially power users)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Question for all LilyPond users (especially power users)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 08:38:54 +0200

Am 09.07.2014 07:43, schrieb tisimst:
Greetings, All!

I have worked out a very nice way to switch between notation fonts in
LilyPond, both on a global document level and a local usage level. Up until
now, there were only a couple of music fonts available that were really
usable on a professional level: /Emmentaler/ (the default, built-in font)
and /Gonville/. There are also /LilyJAZZ/ and /Bravura/ (a SMuFL-compliant
font), but they require some serious hacks to make them work and they have
trouble with even some basic notation elements (like tempo markings,
arpeggios, etc.).

I am pleased to announce that I have several new music fonts, both in OTF
and SVG formats, that I'd like people to be able to use, but this requires a
patch to a single file, so anyone wanting to patch the file can do it with
little effort. It makes using other fonts as easy as putting a single
"\include" statement at the top of a .ly file. I use them all the time, but
I really want to share with the community that has shared so much with me.

*My question is this: /Is anyone interested in this?/*

Of course, count me in!

Marc