Re: Question for all LilyPond users (especially power users)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Question for all LilyPond users (especially power users)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:20:25 +0200

> Schneidy wrote
>> I did that, but I let it unfinished for a couple of weeks now...
>> see =>
>> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/LilyJAZZ-in-v2-18-td162423.html#a162444
>>
>> Pierre
>
> Yes! Thank you, Pierre, for your good work! I had fun making some updates to
> it. I think there are enough people interested in the Jazzy hand-written
> font that we should get this incorporated better. Since it is only available
> in "binary" font formats, is openlilylib the best place to put it?
>
> The only thing is, if we want to make the use of LilyJAZZ easier, it really
> needs the patched file that I mentioned in the initial post.

Putting binary files in openlilylib may not be the best possible
option (btw, how big they are and how muhc they are expected to
change?) but it would be waaaaay better than the current situation
(i.e. with the LilyJazz stuff scattered all over the mailing list,
which is a sure way to hinder its acceptance and make our lives
difficult).

I don't have time to handle this issue myself, but i'll wholeheartedly
welcome anyone doing something about it.

cheers,
Janek