Re: justified paragraphs in bookTitleMarkup

From: Patrick or Cynthia Karl
Subject: Re: justified paragraphs in bookTitleMarkup
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:36:05 -0500

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:06:40 +0200
> From: Thomas Morley <address@hidden>
> To: Urs Liska <address@hidden>
> Cc: lilypond-user <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: justified paragraphs in bookTitleMarkup

>>> Does justify-string what you want?
>>

>> Unfortunately not. It's the same as with justify-field. The result is
>> basically right, but I can only supply a string to it and not a markup (i.e.
>> no further formatting).
>
> Best I can think of right now is the coding below.
> You'll need to insert "\n" (or another separator-sign) manually at the
> appropiate places.
> I didn't manage to make the empty lines being automagically recognized
> instead.

If you mean as a blank line between paragraphs, I like the looks of the
following:

\version "2.18.2"

\header {
 desc = \markup \column { \justify-string
   #"When working on a score it is often necessary to mark the state of
   development on a given intermediate state (printout or shared PDF).
   Instead of simply adding a date it can be very useful to add information
   about the Git revision if the document is in a version control repository."
   " "
   " "
   \justify-string
   #"This module provides markup commands that retrieve information about the
   current Git repository. It is not only possible to get information about
   the current commit but also whether the repository is in a clean state
   (i.e. whether the score represents the state of a commit or contains
   modifications in the working tree)."
   " "
   " "
   \justify-string
   #"A generic command can be used to issue arbitrary Git commands.
   For a list of defined commands see the usage example."
   " "
   " "
   " "

\paper {