Re: How split SA staff into two staff - each now has two voices?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: How split SA staff into two staff - each now has two voices?
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 14:19:14 +0200

Hi,

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł"
> <address@hidden>
>> % I'm not 100% satisfied with this code, but i think it's better
>> % than the snippet in the docs.  Maybe someone would like
>> % to submit an update?  I don't really have enough time now.
>
> It's a snippet from the LSR and will be updated considerably anyway in the
> next build.  You might like to check out
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=650

Thanks for info, Phil.

Well, the new version of the snippet suffers from exactly the same
problem as the old version, except _more so_.  The fact that the
snippet defines *three* separate staff contexts for the "Low" parts,
which don't split _at all_, is a complete and utter abomination, and
it almost gave me a heart attack.  This is unbelievably ugly, and
against good programming practices.

I have expanded my code from my previous email to also show two staves
converging into one (see attached).  Please note that i didn't have to
make *any* changes to the \score block structure - i have just added
commands for new arrows and written more music to the _existing_
variables.  I believe this proves my code is superior to the one from
the snippet.

cheers,
Janek