Re: Lyric word engraver bug

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Lyric word engraver bug
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 20:25:48 -0500

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> I like the lyric word engraver you once posted on this list and use it quite
> often; yesterday I happened to find a bug:
> If a lyric word is broken, the syllables on the new line may (or will) be
> contracted, skipping the intermediate hyphens and moving far away from the
> related note.
> It proved difficult to provide a minimal example worth the name, so you get
> the one attached, which has a full page of music and two include files.
> Sorry for that. The instances of the bug mentioned are at the beginning of
> the third, fourth, and last lines of the page.
> I’d be very grateful for help, as this is clearly over my head to repair.
> And thanks a lot for providing the code in the first place!
>
> Yours, Simon
>
> P.S. In case anyone be interested: it is the Bass II part of the Gloria from
> Gabriel Rheinberger’s Mass in E flat major, op. 109.

Hi Simon,

it was David Nalesnik who wrote it, (cc-ing).
All merits belong to him.

Can't help much, though. My computer is broken (acting as guest on
another system atm) and I have no acces to my usual tools, git, my
private library etc :(

I hadn't noticed that bug--thanks for pointing it out.  Hopefully, I'll have some time to look at it this weekend.

--David