Re: settings to get closer to Sibelius

From: karl
Subject: Re: settings to get closer to Sibelius
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:12:58 +0200 (CEST)

MarcM:
> I am trying to get a friend -- a sibelius user --  move to Lilypond.
> I am getting closer to make him like the output. He likes the reduced amount
> but still prefers the lighter output of Sibelius where as you can see:
> 1) most lines are thinner :
>     a) the upbow,
>     b) the note stem
>     c) the measure bar
>     d) the beam
> 2) the fingering numbers are not bold
> 3) the slur in the 2nd measure goes around the notes and really shows that
> all notes are slurred

Not an answer to your question, but tell your friend that the lighter
style makes it harder to read in low light condition, especially for
older people, to the point, for vocal scores, that the text becomes
unreadable. My recommendation is to have it thicker.
 Let him, or an older friend, try to read it in low light, and then
decide which one to use.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data