Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 142, Issue 83

From: Jay Vara
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 142, Issue 83
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 07:14:34 +0000 (UTC)

bill <at> wolfcomposer.com <bill <at> wolfcomposer.com> writes:

>    Hi, Jay--
>    Will this get you closer to what you want?
>    \version "2.18.2"
>    fooBar = { s1 s4 \bar "|" s2 \bar "||" }
>    music = \relative c' { \compoundMeter #'((5 4) (2 4))
>                                     \set completionUnit = #(ly:make-
moment 5 4)
>      c4 d e f g2
>      \set completionUnit = #(ly:make-moment 2 4)
>      a b4
>      \unset completionUnit
>      c c b a g2 f4 e d c b a g a b
>    }

I had not seen the completionUnit possibility. Something based on this
concept may work. I do not necessarily want to introduce it into music
(since there are too many). I am trying to approach this two ways:
First - to figure out how to know the current position and see if it is
inside the (5 4) part or the (2 4) part and set the completionUnit
appropriately. If I can achieve this, it should also work for
shiftedDuration situation. I have searched through the documentation and
snippets etc. but have not yet figured out how to do this.
Second method is to write a scheme function that would take the music
and introduce the ties as needed. This would mean I would have to have a
way of counting the notes etc. - probably not the best way, and probably
complicated. [I have about 10 different complex metres to deal with]

Jay