Re: lilypond-book: warning: cannot detect textwidth from LaTeX

From: Xirux Nefer
Subject: Re: lilypond-book: warning: cannot detect textwidth from LaTeX
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:53:12 +0000 (UTC)

Davide Liessi <davide.liessi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The warning is correct: 'fontload' is not among the possible options
> What were you trying to achieve with that option?

I swear I saw that in the documentation, ha ha... although after 3 days
reading lilypond's docs I may have ended up suffering spectral visions. I
was trying to set custom fonts in the .ly file and then telling LilyPond to
be aware of those fonts when it was the time to spit them out into my TeX
document.

> i.e. you told lilypond-book to invoke LilyPond with the following command:
>    lilypond --define-default=line-width=12\cm
> Also in this case the warning is correct: 'line-width' is not a
> possible option
>
> You probably wanted to specify the line width of the fragments, you
> should specify it in the single LilyPond fragments, e.g.
>
> \lilypondfile[indent=1\cm,ragged-right,line-width=12\cm]
> {scores/Lesson_1.01.xml.ly}

Yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to do, I had tried specifying it in
the single LilyPond fragments first, but it was ignoring it, i.e., running
the same MWE with that option added, and compiling with the same command in
the CLI with that option removed, the snippet was wider than my document's
\textwidth. That's why I moved that option from the fragment to the command
line. I also tried using it in both places. But still no luck...

Anyway, thanks for the help =)