Re: Line in lyrics to show half or full note

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Line in lyrics to show half or full note
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 17:13:36 +0100

Jay,

Doing this would not be standard notation, so LilyPond
does not provide a straight-forward way to achieve it.

At one time it was quite common to tie the note to a
quaver (8th note) in the following bar, with a lyric
extender, to show the note needed to be sung for the
full duration, but this seems to have fallen out of
practice these days.

Trevor