Re: Feedback Request for Music Fonts

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Feedback Request for Music Fonts
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 00:04:08 +0200

Hi Abraham,

thanks for all your efforts to help here. Thanks for your font file. I
didn’t say it before, but the tuplet number was just a first test. My
aim was to imitate all the Bravura style consistently (including bass
figure numbers, analysis numbers and symbols etc. – everything that is
not covered by the music font. Using the default SMuFL layout would be a
better approach in my eyes. The SMuFL is fixed with version 1.0 (at
least they tell so) and the provided json makes it even more safe.

I also worked on it and I slowly get a bit closer – python would be so
much easier for me than scheme. Here is a function that works for
denominators up to 9 (which is the numerator after the \tuplet change).
Extending it to arbitrary numbers is now only a matter of time.

\version "2.19.14"

\include "custom-music-fonts/smufl/definitions.ily"

#(define-public (tuplet-number::calc-denominator-smufl-text grob)
   (let* ((number (tuplet-number::calc-denominator-text grob))  )
     (markup #:smuflglyph (string-append "tuplet" number))))

\transpose c c'
{
  \override TupletNumber #'font-size = 0
  \override TupletNumber #'text =
#tuplet-number::calc-denominator-smufl-text
  \tuplet 3/2 { a8 a a }
  \tuplet 4/3 {a a a a }
  \tuplet 9/2 { a a a a a a a a a }
  \tuplet 12/2 { a a a }