Re: Using \partcombine with explicit voices

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Using \partcombine with explicit voices
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:09:55 -0400

Hi Urs (et al.),

Perhaps this is time for me to renew my call for GUPPY (the Grand Unified
Partcombine Project, Yay!).  ;)

I can put together some bounty money for rewriting the \partcombine framework
in a serious way.

Given the recent and excellent work on divisi (i.e., expanding staves), and so
many examples of wonderful new [Scheme] engravers, perhaps now is the perfect
time to bring the complement (i.e., condensing staves) up to snuff? I have lots
of ideas on how to proceed… but almost all are from a “serious user”
perspective, rather than a “I know how that can be accomplished in the code”
sort of way, so I can’t promise any of them are easily achievable.

In any case, maybe it’s worth a discussion thread, just to see?

All the best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>