Re: Beaming until barline

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Beaming until barline
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 12:35:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Pierre,

Schneidy wrote
> 'didn't make any trial yet but maybe this code could bring you some
> inspiration :
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-05/msg00549.html

Thank you very much for the link, but I couldn't make it work. Apparently,
that function only deals with beams that were crossing barlines and are
located on system breaks (none of which happens on my score)

I found a way around this problem by using -\markup {\beam ...}, but it is
really not elegant at all, and I'd love this to be automatic. Here is my
hack:

\version "2.19.15"
\relative c' {
  c8[ c c c c c c c]
  c8[ c c c c c c c]
}

\relative c' {
  c8[ c c c c c c c]
  -\tweak extra-offset #'(1 . -2.75 ) ^\markup { \beam #1.8 #0 #0.4 }
  c8[ c c c c c c c]
  -\tweak extra-offset #'(1 . -2.75 ) ^\markup { \beam #1.8 #0 #0.4 }
}

producing:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n167952/ex.png>

If anyone still has any other ideas/suggestions, they are highly
appreciated.

Thanks and take care,
Gilberto