Re: Selectively override padding of glissando lines in chords?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Selectively override padding of glissando lines in chords?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:22:09 -0500

Hi Dominic,

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Dominic <address@hidden> wrote:
Minimal example:

/\version "2.19.15"
\relative c' {

        % === (The following two lines only for cosmetic purposes) ===
                \override Glissando.minimum-length = #12
                \override Glissando.springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods

        \override Glissando.color =
                #(lambda (grob) (if (eq? (ly:grob-property grob 'glissando-index) 1) #'red
#'green ))

        \override Glissando.bound-details.left.padding =
                #(lambda (grob) (if (eq? (ly:grob-property grob 'glissando-index) 1) 3 0))

        <aes'' ges f d>2. \glissando <f d cis b>4
}
/
The first (color) override works as expected, but the second (left padding)
has no effect at all. Why is this? All I have changed is the 'color' to
'bound-details.left.padding' and the color values to numerical values.

I only superficially understand the Scheme code (I copied it from
elsewhere), but I cannot guess what the problem might be. If I set
/\override Glissando.bound-details.left.padding/ to an explicit value, it
works, but for all glissando lines rather than just one. Therefore, I would
deduce that the problem lies in my blind modification of the Scheme code.
Can anyone point out the error I am making?

The actual notational problem I'm trying to solve is this: I want glissando
lines to all start from the same horizontal position in a chord, after any
augmentation dots.

As you can see from the image below, the glissando lines' starting points
are based on each notehead, and they go through the augmentation dots. I
thought I would be able to manually fiddle with the left and right padding
of the individual glissando lines, hence my question above, but I have hit a
brick wall.
glissando-dots-chords.png
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n167966/glissando-dots-chords.png>

 Does the code Thomas Morley provided in the discussion here not help?

http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg83816.html

--David