Re: Unicode Font Issues

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Unicode Font Issues
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 14:09:19 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014, Bric wrote:

One particular, however: I would stay away from "Unity", and opt for "GNOME" during installation. Someone could still correct me and persuade me about the glory of Unity, but I have instinctively disliked it from its inception, and am happily using the "traditional" Gnome.

With "traditional" do you mean Gnome 2.x or the new Gnome 3.x + Gnome-shell?

Just like Unity (which I have not tried yet) Gnome3/Gnome-shell can be quite a shock if you are looking for a "traditional" desktop. I am really happy with it now, but it did take some time to get used to.

There are other alternatives if you are looking for something more "traditional". Linux = freedom of choice.

--

MT