Re: Lilypond 2.16 and 2.18 incompatibility for \relative without absolut

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.16 and 2.18 incompatibility for \relative without absolute note outside the score
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 09:27:19 +0100

Il giorno mer 5 nov 2014 alle 9:07, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I would have put the music in a separate .ly file instead of putting it in the .mako files. I guess that any lilypond user would have done so, but I don't know how much it's difficult to use external files in your project (as Mutopia does, for example).
However I would not contribute to this project unless  it uses external files.

The problem you are reporting can be fixed using sed, as already advised.
However in the next future you should expect syntax changes. You are not using any \version statement in your snippets. This is a very bad practice, even if convert-ly can still update the syntax if you specify the version from which you want to update.

Another problem with the missing \version statement is: how can the build know which version of lilypond should run? I have 3 different versions of lilypond on my system, each in a different location within the PATH. And the default one is the dev version, currently 2.19.x