Re: Where to Download the New Music Fonts?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Where to Download the New Music Fonts?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 10:28:29 +0100

Am 05.11.2014 10:24, schrieb Davide Liessi:
Nope.  By majority vote, the name changed from Amadeus to Scorlatti, in
honor of the SCORE notation system, the inspiration of the font.
I've thought from the beginning that "Scorlatti" was very strange to
my ears of native Italian speaker and I think that most Italian (or
maybe non-English?) speakers would think you actually meant
"Scarlatti".

If you want to keep the homage to composers Alessandro and Domenico, I
would prefer the font name to be "Scarlatti", but this would weaken
the link to SCORE.
(By the way, I voted for "Partitura", i.e. the Italian word for
"score", which would still be my choice.)

Of course renaming the font now (and against the outcome of the vote)
could be undesirable, but after Son_V's email I felt like saying it.

Maybe a compromise would be to rename it to Scorelatti ?

Anyway, I think that you did a wonderful job with the fonts.
I still have not tried them extensively, but I think that easy access
to a variety of fonts is a great feature both from the user and the
professional publisher points of view.

Best wishes,
Davide