Re: How to prevent natural signs from being printed when the keysignatur

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: How to prevent natural signs from being printed when the keysignature changes
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 12:28:17 -0000

Jayaratna wrote Thursday, November 06, 2014 11:42 AM

> My code is:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
> \score {
> \relative c'  {
> \key f \major c d e f
> \set Staff.printKeyCancellation = ##f
> \clef soprano \key c \major g a g f
>                  }
> }
>
> But I still get the natural sign printed.
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n168456/2014-11-06-170533_1024x600_scrot.png>
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

No, it's not a bug.  As there would be no other indication of the
key change when changing to C major the key cancellation is
always printed in this case.  If you really, really want to suppress it
use either \hide or \omit, depending on whether you want to leave
a space where it was, like this:

  \omit Staff.KeyCancellation

Trevor