Defining a variable for path names

From: ingbolbograr
Subject: Defining a variable for path names
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:34:09 -0700 (MST)

I have two different versions of each of my lilypond files, each with a
different header.  At the top of each file, I have this:

\include "C:/songs/lilypond_header_file_1.ly"
%\include "C:/music/lilypond_header_file_2.ly"

I'd like to be able to use a global variable that is set in only one place
(maybe somewhere in C:\Program Files
(x86)\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\ly) to determine which header file
to use.  That way, at the top of each file I could write something like

\include "$header_file"

and I would know that whenever I compile a given file, it would use the
header file that I specified.

How do I do this?

Thanks.