Re: MIDI and Volta repeats in parallel music

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: MIDI and Volta repeats in parallel music
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:50:22 -0500

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 4:46 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
What's more, is there a reason to have the structure in a different
voice?

Good question. For me,  it's mostly about the DRY principle (don't repeat yourself).  I'm in the process of writing a program that tries to maximize one's opportunities to exploit the repetitive aspects of most compositions when entering the notation for multiple voices.  It's a work in progress, but if you're curious it lives at https://github.com/Michael-F-Ellis/TransLily

As for the whole \repeat unfold business, I'd love to understand why LP can merge repeats in the PDF but can't do it MIDI.  I know the developers are really smart folks,  so it must be way more challenging than I'm imagining.