Re: many-lyrics separator (slightly OT)

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: many-lyrics separator (slightly OT)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 16:08:37 -0600

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM, tisimst <address@hidden> wrote:
Francois,

Francois Planiol wrote
> How do you:
> - set stanza # repeating at each new system?

I'm not aware of any automagic way of doing it (but that doesn't mean it
can't be done, of course :), so in the mean time, simply add the "\set
stanza = #" wherever you want it to appear! It's that easy! You might want
to add it once you know where the line breaks are, though, or you could get
stanza numbers in the middle of a system :) May be a hassle, but it works
without that much effort.

Unfortunately, the attached won't work properly when repeating the stanza number like this.  I'll fiddle around with it, but first things first :)

Francois Planiol wrote
> - draw a line-separator between lyrics

There is an old thread which describes how to adapt input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly to create intelligent underlining of lyrics: http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg60732.html

I've adapted this to create the divider.

Notice in the comments to "add-grob-definition" near the top of the file that there is a change you need to make for versions 2.19.13 or before.  (Depending on how old the version you're using, there may be other changes needed.)

Hope this is helpful!

--David