Re: Slurs in volta alternate bars

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Slurs in volta alternate bars
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 10:17:31 -0800

Great ideas, guys.  Thanks.

I have a question about tweaking the X-extent.  My understanding is that the pair (0 . 5) means start where you normally would and extend out five spaces (or note heads, the units don't matter to me).  But when I do this:

  { df4) r f' -\tweak X-extent #'(0 . 5) \laissezVibrer }

...the Laissez Vibrer slur shape doesn't stretch.  The slur takes up more space (and pushes the repeat sign to the right) but the slur shape stays the same.  Do I need to use the \shape command or am I misunderstanding the X-extent property?

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)