Re: editionEngraver

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: editionEngraver
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 17:39:38 +0100

Dear openlilylib people,

I have read a few messages about this mysterious editionEngraver and I would like to try using it, but I am doing something wrong and I don't know what.  I found the folder for it on github and tried to use it by downloading the three files there (definitions.ily, example.ly, and module.scm) into the same folder and trying to compile example.ly, but it throws back the error: cannot find file: `scheme-lib/modules.ily' (and some others which presumably stem from this one).

Separately the instructions on the page say I need to add the line \include "edition-engraver.ily" from this folder, but I can't seem to find the file.  I've never used github before so perhaps I have misunderstood what I am supposed to do. Any help would be welcome.

Dear Kevin

The example takes for granted that you downloaded the entire repository using git and that you add that directory to the include path in your editor. That's the recommended way, because you can compile any example file easily and you can update the openlilylib snippets with one single command ('git pull').

You can download all the repository with the following command:

git clone address@hidden:openlilylib/openlilylib.git

If you use Frescobaldi you should add the openlilylib directory in the preferences.