Re: Quartet Template with/without trills

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Quartet Template with/without trills
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:03:22 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Gentry" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:50 AM
Subject: Quartet Template with/without trills

I have been trying out the quartet template inserting music with \include. The individual instrument music files contain trills and I have used the tags 'trills and 'expand to produce scores and midi. However although the tags work OK when the music files are compiled individually when using the score file below any music identified by 'trills or 'expand is skipped. Am I missing a point
here or is this not possible?

\version "2.18.2"

\include "piece.ly"
#(set-global-staff-size 14)
\score {
 \new StaffGroup \keepWithTag #'score
  \removeWithTag #'expand \music
\layout { }
}
\score {
   \new StaffGroup \keepWithTag #'score
   \removeWithTag #'trills  \music
  \midi{  }
}

For the test only one music file conatined the 'trills 'expand tags. Do I need to separate the keepWith and removeWith actions with

regards
Peter Gentry

I would suggest adding { } around the \music after the \removeWithTag and see if this works.

--
Phil Holmes