Re: Changing Text Fonts

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Changing Text Fonts
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 20:26:42 -0500

Hi Matthew,

> The example below does not work

To my knowledge, Lilypond has difficulty — i.e., fails completely — with older
Mac OS True Type (.ttf) fonts, and Baghdad is one of those [at least on my
machine]. Try another “crazy font”, one which is an OpenType or (preferably)
PostScript font.

> Attached is a picture of the Font Book application on my Mac.  How do I know
> the exact name of the font-name that should be used in the ly file?  Could
> this differ from what I see in the FontBook?

The name in the “Full Name” field of FontBook is, I believe, the one you should
use.

> Also, I usually like to increase the kerning of the Title.  Is this possible?

I don’t believe so.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer